Wednesday, August 29, 2012

school has started

My sister in law pointed out that it's been a LONG time since I've updated our blog, "school has started and that's unacceptable"...   I feel the need to make excuses, but the truth is there aren't really any good ones.  I've been a crummy blogger for the past year now...  Taking a ton of pictures and then never posting them.  We went out of town for July.  It was GREAT.  When we got home I felt kind of like I needed a vacation from our vacation.  I was worn out, but life moves on swimming lessons started the next day.  Then we were trying to get back on schedule and get ready for school.  busy busy busy.
 
School has started for Miss Molly.  I can't believe that my little lady is in kindergarten.  She's loving it.  She's going to the school I wanted her to go to.  Her teacher's great.  All of the moms at our bus stop are in love with the bus driver.  Drew asked if he should be worried :)I'm excited about the upcoming year. 
 
Molly's week in pictures.
First day.  Tuesday, August 21st
she was so excited about this shirt with the googly eyes.
 Wednesday
 Thursday
 Friday
The first week and so far this week has gone really well.  Molly has homework every night that she's always excited about.  She also has her first spelling test on Friday.  what?  Well that's what I said.  A spelling test for a kindergartner the second week of school.?.  It's one word, RED.  I guess it helps that she already knew that one.  We'll see what next week brings.

Other News

Yesterday I had a doctors appointment.  The ultra sound said Lil man is 5lbs.  He's very compact.  I didn't get to see any images of his face, it was covered by his feet and hands.  With 6 weeks to go that means that he should be close to 8lbs.  We will see.  I'm excited to meet him.  People keep asking me how I'm feeling.  I always shrug and say good.  I really should say big, tired, forgetful,and awkward.  mmmm.  6 more weeks give or take.

Drew started tearing apart the basement bedroom.  Right now he's out buying insulation.  exciting and a little sad.  I'm excited for Molly to have her own girly room, but I'm selfishly a little sad to be losing my craft room.  I've also come to the sad realization that I'm a hoarder. :(

Lincoln is getting 5 teeth at the moment.  Ahhh!  I have a very drooly crabby boy who I still can't get enough of.  He's obsessed with shoes and walks around the house in his and everyone elses.  My favorite is when he walks around in Drew's shoes.  Sometimes it's frustrating when we're trying to leave in a hurry and no one can find any shoes that match, but for the most part it's just adorable.  Speaking of my hording I found 5 or 6 pairs of old shoes that belonged to Gabe.  When Lincoln woke up and found them it was like Christmas.  So e.x.c.i.t.e.d 

Gabe is looking for ways to keep busy now that Molly's in school.  He should have been starting preschool next week, but there was a problem with his application.  The whole application mess/run around with the early childhood program made me so mad.  In the end Gabe will get to spend another month with me.  Which is fine.  I wish I felt better so that we could get out more.  We've been keeping ourselves busy cooking, having nerf wars, reading books, watching movies and running errands.  Gabe is a little ball of energy.  I wish I could borrow some.

No comments: