Sunday, September 4, 2011

Welcome September!

Thursday (Sept 1) it was 100 degrees! what a way to end the first week of preschool.

Friday was 102, so we decided to make snow flakes?
we love scissors and making messes, but mainly scissors!
Lincoln has been getting up on his hands and knees. So far he's only been doing it on soft surfaces. crib, couch, my bed. Drew thinks that I'm going to need more to fill my time so here he is working with Lincoln on the carpet.
Love it that Gabe is using his snowflake like a mask.
Suzie called and said that she was going to stop in for the weekend. It gave us the proper motivation to finish painting the toy area of the basement. :) Now we need some baseboards. Good bye ugly brown paneling! Well almost we have the small wall that the computer is on and the stairway left to paint, but we're almost there.
I have two more large picture frames to hang on the long wall. I was thinking about using some chalkboard paint and turning the frames into chalkboards. I think it would be fun to have ever changing artwork displayed. Or I could just frame more of their art and call it good...
Suzie brought Z and E with her. Molly and Gabe always have fun when cousins come. We stayed pretty close to home just because Drew and I are still paranoid about Gabe. We did however carve out some time to go to Kart Kountry. I think it was the first time that E was speechless. I asked him a few questions while I was driving and all I got were "yes" and "no" answers if I got a response at all. It was very unusual. E is usually quite the chatterbox. :) It was a nice weekend that I sadly got no pictures of.

No comments: