Thursday, July 7, 2011

happy 4th of July

Lincoln turned 4 months old. Try to tell me this isn't the cutest picture :)
(Well maybe not if you're a sox fan... sorry family)
We spent our 4th of July driving back to Louisville. We left Kelly's house around 11am (central time) and got home at 5:24pm (eastern time). The kids did great. Molly and Gabe napped for about 2 hours in the car. Like usual Lincoln was happy as long as the car was moving. We had been invited to a BBQ that we were planning on going to, but in the end I was too tired along with everyone else. Drew and I tried to put the kids down for bed at their usual summer bed time 8:30ish, but they weren't having it. After a few days of consistently going to bed around 10 (central time) they were still ready to party. At 9:30 I told them to come outside with me. We sat in the driveway and watched a fireworks show courtesy of our neighbors. I'm pretty sure the fireworks we saw between our 3 neighbors could have rivaled the fireworks of the small town I grew up in. :) It was great. Gabe just sat and watched with a smile on his face. Molly clapped after each one. She kept saying "this is great" "thank you so much mom" "no that one was my favorite". It was smoky and fantastic. After about a 1/2 hour we all went inside and went to bed. One other highlight of our trip was coming home to a clean house. I'm not very organized. Usually before we go on a trip I do all the laundry, but it doesn't make it into the closets and drawers before we leave. (We come home to couches full of clothes). This trip we had the car packed the night before. That meant while Drew was at work I could get all of the loose ends tied up. When we came home we unpacked the van. I started putting everything away while Drew vacuumed out the van. SO NICE. lots of pictures *hopefully* coming soon.

Lincoln has been very interested in food the past couple of weeks so yesterday 7/6 we tried some oatmeal for the first time. It was a big hit. I now have an oatmeal eater.

I made Lincoln a mobile a couple weeks ago. I wanted something simple. I think it turned out cute.
better late than never?

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love coming home to a clean house! I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I know it's possible to see him again.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

cute mobile :) I can't believe how big your kids are!!