Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mr Lincoln is...


3 months!
a few facts about Lincoln.

*13 lbs 2oz
*23 3/4 in
* he's always searching for something. I'm not sure what, but I always feel like he's always looking for something.
*likes to be held away from you so he can look at your face
*he'll try to mimic what you do with your mouth
*he likes playing with toys especially the floor mat
(our swing/bouncy chair has a tray with a plastic giraffe and zebra that clip onto it. Lincoln will coo and smile at the zebra for a little while. Then his little eyebrows will get furrowed and he'll start making angry noises. That is followed by screaming and eventual crying. It's kind of funny in a sad way. They always start off friends and then I'm not sure what that zebra does, but Lincoln doesn't like it. He has no interest whatsoever in the giraffe, but if the zebra is clipped on Lincoln's little eye's are glued to it. happy or sad. )
*scoots all over his crib
*can lift the front half of his body while on his tummy
*not a big pacifier fan
*goes to bed between 8&9. I nurse him before I go to bed between 10&11. He wakes up between 6&6:45. I'll nurse him and then he wakes up for the day between 8&9.
(he sleeps a lot better than Molly and Gabe ever did and I think it's because he's in his own room. I'm not waking up every time he moves thinking he's hungry.)
*he's finding his sweet little voice
*he's getting smiley, but like Molly he makes you work for it
*super content
*loves Gabe and surprisingly Molly :)
(Molly never leaves Lincoln alone)
*LOVES the car
(we took a road trip to Chicago last month. Lincoln was awake almost the whole time (51/2 hours) and never cried. Amazing. If the car is moving he's happy.)

Lincoln is a keeper we're happy he's in our family.

3 comments:

Becky said...

something about him looks just like Gabe. Or maybe like Molly. Needless to say, he belongs in your family. Can't wait to meet him!!

Jana said...

he looks so much like Drew. and molly is officially a big girl. she has grown up so much since you left. did i ever tell you one of my best friends lives in louisville?

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

what a cutie!! How fun is your little family?!!!