Friday, December 17, 2010

highlights of the week

Santa (12/11)
Last Saturday our friend invited us out to the golf course to see Santa. We couldn't pass that up. We had pizza and cookies. We watched a magic show. Then we watched Santa drive over the hill in a golf cart to the club house. So fun. Santa even gave the kids $5 in the goodie bags he passed out. It's nice having some connections. :)

Look no tears!
Molly and Gabe were pretty devastated when their balloon animals died later that night...


My Birthday (12/13)
I had a great birthday. School was even canceled in my honor. :) (apparently school gets cancelled a lot here? There was only 2 in. of snow on the ground.) I got everything I wanted. Drew even took me out to dinner without the kids.
And the biggest highlight of the week...
Potty Training! (12/14-present)

That's right my little man is going on the potty!!! The diaper fairy visited our house and took all of our diapers.

12/14- 3 accidents

12/15-2 accidents

12/16- 1 accident (it was a sad one right outside the bathroom door.) Gabe started telling us when he needed to go to the bathroom. HUGE step forward.

12/17 NO ACCIDENTS! He even took a nap and stayed dry.

We're doing pull ups at night. I'm not sure if he's waking up wet or if he's peeing before I realize he's awake... I'm ok using one pull up at night if it means no more diapers. Well at least for a couple months. :) I am nervous about the weekend: leaving the house, using public toilets etc. I guess we will see how that goes, fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Santa in a golf cart? Must be a southern thing. Instead of candy canes does he pass out gumbo and grits, too?