Wednesday, September 8, 2010

They're Here!

I've been waiting for this day ever since we've moved in. It's going to be nice not having to cart my laundry around town. (Having said that I've still been really spoiled. My grandma lives maybe 3 miles from us and she's been letting me do laundry at her house.)

Aren't they beautiful! I think I have about 1,000 loads of laundry to do. They'll be really broken in tomorrow.

Gabe was in heaven today. First it was garbage day and then the men came to deliver the washer and dryer. I think I've heard "you wash my morcycle shirt" about 20 times today. (Gabe has been asking to wear his motorcycle shirt everyday. Sadly its been dirty for about the last week and a half.)

Molly has been obsessed with princesses and fairy tales lately. Yesterday she told me that she married Jack and the Beanstalk. I asked her what happened to Prince Charming and she told me that he lives too far away in his castle. After asking her a few more questions she told me "fine I just marry myself". She then invited me to her wedding "you come into your bathroom and you can watch me marrying myself" I followed her into the bathroom where she danced in her tap shoes and twirled in the dress and pettiskirt she was wearing. (Drew and I have a good size bathroom off of our bedroom with a skylight. I think it's Molly's favorite room.)

Molly also named her little dog last week. Molly has always called her babies and stuffed animals by descriptive words. She has heavy baby, sick baby, bathtub baby etc. Last week she kept telling me "I bringing Mango a treat. Mango needs___" I asked her who Mango was and she told me that it was her puppy. He's 2 just like Gabe. She also told me "Mango starts with a M like me". Then the name evolved to Mango Clementine. I'm not sure where she came up with it, but I think it's funny. I guess Molly does like the Oh My Darling Clementine song, but I'm still not sure where Mango came from.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Oooo...they look lovely!

I love the name Mango Clementine--it's a very healthy name. :P

Becky said...

I Love the new addition!! I am sure you love them more:)

Molly and Gabe are already changing and it hasn't even been that long. They are such funny kids.

Unknown said...

I can hear molly and Gabe's voices as you quote them. Sad. Can't wait 'til October. Keep the Kentucky home fire burning. Be there soon.

Wilkerson Family said...

You guys figure out yet what day your are coming in and, less importantly, when you are leaving.
Staying for the whole week I hope!
Drew