Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall is Here!

{I'm so happy that blogger let me put more than 1 picture with this post :) Does anyone else ever have this problem? I'll wait forever for my pictures to load only to have an error message show up. Hallelujah it worked today.}
The weather is finally cooling off here in the great state of Kentucky. Last week in was in the mid to high 90's. This week it's in the mid 70's. Do you know what that means? It's time to start wearing really cute hats. I was trying to practice with the manual settings on my camera yesterday evening and I had two very uncooperative kids. Even though the model isn't impressed I'm pretty happy with the way this hat turned out and I'm excited that now I can make/talk her into wearing it. I'm sure this hat and others like it will start popping up in pictures throughout the coming months.
What have we been up too? Well our freezer broke last week. I was sad to have to spend money on a new one, but not sad to replace the old one. So this is the newest addition to the Wilkerson home. It's big, shiny and showcases all of our fingerprints very nicely. :) Now our appliances are 2 and 2. The built in microwave is also stainless steel and the stove and dishwasher are a nice off white almondy color. Eventually they'll all match...
Here are a couple zoo pictures. I've been pretty impressed with the Louisville Zoo. With our Lincoln Children's Zoo membership we get into this zoo for free. Always a plus. This Zoo also has an awesome splash pad equipped with a pirate ship and slides. Although because it's getting late in the season I think it's only open on the weekends because I loaded up the kids and their swimming stuff last Monday and it was closed. After walking around the zoo in the 90+ degree weather we were all pretty sticky and tired, no pictures of that visit.
*In this picture it looks like Molly peed her pants. Not to fear she didn't a pretend animal peed on her. At least she thought it was funny...
I'm sad that I didn't get any pictures of this goats face. It was one of the ugliest goats I have ever seen. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Maybe next time...
We've also enjoyed playing in the rain. What good are rain boots if you can't find any puddles to jump in?


We (by we I mean Drew) started painting the front room. It's a neutral beige type color. I think it makes our house feel a lot more inviting. When it's completely finished pictures will be coming hopefully tonight fingers crossed. Next month our plan is to start painting the kitchen. I found a back splash that I LOVE. The only problem is that I don't think we have the budget to purchase the back splash next month. I'm slightly worried that I'm going to paint my kitchen around a back splash that will be discontinued or something by the time I'm ready to buy it... We'll see. My decorating wants list goes on and on. I also want to get a new curtain rod and curtains for the living room. Something bright that will compliment the blue that will be in the kitchen and our very neutral living room. I love decorating I just wish I had an endless budget so that I could do everything at once. :)

Now I should probably be off to put away some dishes and laundry before Molly and Gabe wake up. I LOVE nap time!

3 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

i have problems loading pictures on bloggers...it takes FOREVER!! is that pictures of the girl in the hat Molly? she looks so grown up in that picture!

Suzanne said...

Love seeing the new place! And I love that new stainless steel fridge! I love that hat you made too, do you remember where you got the pattern, i seriously LOVE it! And can't wait to see more!

Wilkerson Family said...

Katy- yes that angry looking girl in the hat is indeed Molly.

Suzanne- the hat is off etsy and the pattern is called Ladies Breezy Brimmed Beanie... maybe that helps?