I went to my first Husker game today. Its great being in the sea of red. It was pretty easy to pick out who was with Arkansas. Being in the student section really made me wonder. Was I that naive and ridiculous looking to people around me when I was in college a few years ago?
hmmm. (And for anyone who knew me in college I'm not interested in hearing about how I was ridiculous. I know. It's a rhetorical question.) I'll say that it was a good game. It was a blowout 38-9. How could that not be a good game? But, I always think it's more exciting when it's a close game. I'm looking forward to the next game that Drew scored me a ticket too.
UNL vs Oklahoma.
Us about an hour before the game.

After the first touchdown people release balloons. It's really cool looking. Even though this picture doesn't capture it... Notice how the seats have filled in. It was the 299
th consecutive sold out game. Here football is king.
And special thanks to Jana and Brad for watching our kids!
While we're speaking of kids I'd like everyone to know that Gabe is now a walker! He isn't graceful, but finally the day has come. Everyone kept telling me that everyone walks eventually, but I knew better. I've seen those commercials for specials on the discovery channel about these families in third world countries that walk on their feet and hands. I'm so happy that we'll never be in one of those specials. :) The Wilkerson's are a family of walkers. Now if we could all just use the potty... I guess one accomplishment at a time.
4 comments:
How nice! A game all by yourselves!!!...that is so awesome.
Yay, Gabe! That is exciting he's walking.
Thanks so much for having Tom at your home a couple of weeks ago...I really appreciate it! I just wish I could have been there to visit too.
That is one thing we never did while in Nebraska- funny thing, my hubbie hates sports.
We love Martins Hillside orchard- you'll have to go back and get pumpkins and they have a small cornmaze and some other stuff too. Plus you get to cut your own pumpkin off the vine, and other than the cost of the pumpkin it's free.
So jealous. Especially jealous about the UNL - Oklahoma game. Think of us when you're there. Also, is Drew still having difficulty using the potty?
Drew - how did you score an extra ticket to the Oklahoma game? That should be a good one...
Post a Comment