5 months ago
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Happy Earth Day
Last year Drew got a merit bonus. Everyone on the committee said that they couldn't remember a first year faculty member being awarded the bonus. Needless to say we were excited. The plan for the money was a new grill and then the rest would go to something equally as exciting like savings. Well unfortunately the air conditioner decided to break :( Drew being fiscally responsible used the money for a new air conditioner. I've been saving the money I get from watching B and decided to get Drew a new grill. I'd love to be able to surprise Drew, but I'm not the griller. If I was choosing a grill I would get the one that looked the prettiest. So we went grill shopping and then Drew did lots of research online. We had the grill picked! A couple weeks went by and then I randomly saw Lowe's had our grill on sale for Earth Day. yay. I had a dream that I got their too late and the store was out of grills. After the kids were loaded on the bus Lincoln, B and I headed to Lowe's. I got the last one on the last day of the sale. Yay! L.O.V.E. I.T. Lots of mixed reviews on previous infared grills, but this is a new design that will hopefully hold up better than previous models. Not having the fire touch your food results in perfect grill marks, really juicy meats, being able to throw dried wood chips right on the grill and no flare ups. Drew's been grilling pizzas for a while now. They always turn out well. I was a little nervous about how they'd turn out on this grill because of how hot it cooks everything, but we've had our best pizza yet. Here is to happy grilling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is one serious grill. Looking forward to being shown all the good things a grill can do when you guys come in a month.
Post a Comment