Wednesday, May 25, 2011

ta da

Before

After
my painting companion (who slept another 8 hours!!!)

I decided to paint the kids bathroom yesterday. This morning I finished the second coat. (I almost did the whole thing myself. Drew had to help me tape the ceiling above the toilet and tub. If only I was a couple feet taller;) ) I LOVE it. I think the bathroom looks taller and cleaner. I've never really liked the tile in our bathrooms, but with the paint I think it makes the tile look sharp. All of the white on white before didn't make anything look special. (This bathroom is the same color as Molly and Gabe's bedroom. Benjamin Moore's mt. ranier gray)



Remember when we went to the Speed Art Museum? I framed the pictures Molly and Gabe painted. I also framed the kids hand/foot prints. I'm excited to hang them in the "toy area" of the basement. I love adding color. Speaking of color I'm excited and hopping to be able to post pictures of the basement soon. The wall that the pictures are leaning on is by the basement stairs. No more dark wood paneling for us. Well almost. About 1/2 the basement is painted. It's amazing what paint and baseboards can do.

2 comments:

Jana said...

good work mama! lincoln is getting so big! he looks like drew. miss you guys!!

Suzanne said...

Love what you've been up too! Cute color! And the art work is a super cute idea!!! I was thinking abouthow different things are for us this year at this time compared to last year and I was wishing you guys were still here so our kids could play and we could craft! Hope you have crafting buddies there!