Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy New Year

We're back from our Chicago/Minneapolis trip. It was fun getting to see family and friends, but I think this may have been our last winter trip. The drive home from Minneapolis should have taken us 6 to 7 hours instead it took us close to 11. Our average speed was 43. In hind sight we should have stayed one more day, but I was anxious to get home and wanted more than one day to unwind before "normal" life started again. I'm still in the process of putting away all of our Christmas decorations along with all of our trip stuff. Right now our Christmas decor is boxed up on the floor next to our TV. Hopefully some of our snow will melt this week so we can get into our outside storage closet. (Right now there's a snow drift blocking our back door.) The weather man said there's 18 inches of snow on the ground and should be in the high 30's by the end of the week, so I'm hopeful. Maybe I'll even make it outside to clean the van out. I hate it when everything is cluttered. So that's what we're up to. Cleaning. Unpacking. Organizing. Pictures to follow.

No comments: