Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holy Snow

We got hammered with snow. Last year I was excited for snow and it didn't really snow at all. This year mother nature's making it up to me.


Molly playing in the first fakes of the morning...
What a difference a day makes. I think "they" (our local weather people)said Lincoln got 10 inches total. Then the 40 mph winds came and this is the nice snow drift out our back door. I'm guessing it was close to 3 ft...
So what do you do when it's below zero and too cold to go out and play? You play basketball inside and...

...craft. Here they are painting cut up t.p. rolls that we tied into snow flakes. Anything involving paint and glitter keeps Molly and Gabe entertained for a solid 20+ minutes. That may not seem like a lot of time, but I think 20 min at the table for a 1 and 2 year old is pretty good.

While I'm not a fan of driving in the snow it is fun playing in it. Some friends came over and we went sledding with the kids. I wish I had gotten some pictures of the kids facial expressions as they were sledding. It was priceless. Drew also got 1 1/2 snow days so that was nice. Not quite as good as LPS's 3, but having Drew home on a Wednesday was a treat.

No comments: