Around 8 this morning I decided to make muffins with the kids. It's been in the mid 70's the past few days. b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. So I turn on the oven and start pulling out the ingredients. Molly and Gabe like to touch and smell everything. 5 minute projects take 20 minutes, but I asked for their help. So as were doing this I start to smell something burning. Then before I know it the smoke detectors are going off. Luckily for us we live in a two bedroom apartment that has 4 smoke doctors that are all connected to each other. So as I'm fanning off the smoke detector my mind is racing.... something like Q: when is the last time I used the oven? A: yesterday Q: could anything have dripped or spilled? A: no Q: is there something on top of the stove? A: no. What is going on? Then it dawns on me that Gabe has been really interested in the broiler the past few days. I had a vision in my head of a plastic magnet melted all over. After a few minutes when I got the courage to open the broiler I found a charred go-gurt box.
After the smell disappeared I baked our apple cinnamon muffins. They turned out really good. I still can't believe that I almost burnt down our apartment this morning. I think we're going to have to start putting the gate up again :(
5 months ago
2 comments:
that's actually quite funny...perhaps it wasn't at the time. At least it wasn't something platic. that would have reaked!
This is too funny--and so creative of Gabe to do that! I'm sure you're going to love having all these little moments recorded. :)
Post a Comment